6.30.2005

Bully Hill

I am a lover of wine.

I love everything about consuming wine. I love to open bottles with a double-hinged wine key. I love to drink from wide bottom goblets. I also love to drink from short bistro glasses.
I love to smell wine. I love to share wine. I drink wine with breakfast, at midday, after work, during work . . .

There are people who study wine. They understand which years are considered vintage, the make up of the land at certain producers. They read Wine Spectator and remember what certain bottles scored. They make recommendations of food pairings and have detailed explanations of oak vs. steel and cork vs. synthetic. They can decipher the confusing labels from Italy and France.

I do not claim to be one of those people. I have a broad familiarity with wine because I have worked as a server in many restaurants and have become exposed to different wines. I have known sommeliers. I've read up a bit. But, my knowledge of wine is purely experiential.

Knowing wine is understanding that the palate is subjective. Almost anyone who has a degree of passion can sound learned. I worked at an Italian restaurant in Key West called "Salute!" The owner is a wonderful woman who is also a passionate wine collector. She is one of those knowledgeable, studied people. In her restaurant, there is a sign inscribed with the saying:


"In Vino Veritas, In Aqua Salus!"
In wine truth, in water health!


This site is about 24 bottles of wine from Bully Hill Vineyards. These posts will be about my experience consuming each bottle. What I ate, what activities I engaged in while imbibing, what I think about the wine. Those of you familiary with Miss Hag. know I will not withhold any opinions or observations. Consider them, "Experience Pairings."

We're pouring nothing but truth here at The Vino Veritas, I hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

For background on my trip to Bully Hill, click here.
For general information on the Bully Hill Vineyards, click here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Marisol said...

thanks, bob!
i love wine lovers!

11:53 AM  
Blogger g said...

Have you notified the folks up at Bully Hill of this blog? I'd say that for such fine, unsolicited advertising, there must be some sort of kickback coming your way. Perhaps in the form of a case or two?

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home